Kmart application online- apply now
Are you looking for a new job and Kmart has caught your eye? Why not start out your quest for one of the many Kmart jobs by delving into the basic information, tips and tricks that you will need to succeed? Most people who look at retail jobs think that it is a one dimensional field, when in fact retail is as diverse of a category as any other. Retailers always have distribution, district and regional levels, corporate, and many behind the scenes offices, agencies, and in turn, opportunities. The Kmart application process is one of the biggest first impressions that you can make when you begin your job search. For companies like Kmart that likely receive thousands of applications per year, the application is the first step of many to ensure that they hire great people to fit their need. There are some basic steps, tips and tricks that you should know before putting in a Kmart application.
Kmart is operated by Sears Holdings, which provides employment opportunities to a variety of subsidiary companies. To find out what positions may be available in your area, as well as the qualifications and the Kmart application process, the first step is to visit kmart.com and navigate to the career section, which will redirect you to the Sears Holdings website. From there you can select Kmart and begin your Kmart job application experience.
When preparing to complete a Kmart application online, Sears Holdings requests that you first complete an online assessment which will show you what positions may be best for you. This assessment is ungraded and is considered experimental, not affecting the outcome of your application process. This is one great way that Sears Holdings is helping match great associates to great positions for companies like Kmart everyday! Many retailers are implementing such basic skills and matching tests to determine the best placement for job candidates. Sears Holdings incorporates this tool into the application process. This helps greatly so that the applications and interviews can be directed appropriately, and job candidates get the most out of the experience as well.
Like most retailers today, applications are operated via the internet. You can expect to spend anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on how much resume information you have to include in the application. Remember, the more you provide on your Kmart job application, the better the recruiters know you and what you offer from step one!
One interesting feature when filling out a Kmart application is that now, there are widgets on the website that allow you to auto-fill some basic information on the application by signing into social media sites such as Facebook, MySpace, or LinkedIn. This may seem like a time saver, but it is still advised to double check the information for accuracy before submitting an application. You always want to ensure that your information is presented clearly and accurately when applying for a job.
The Kmart job application will begin by giving you the choice of broad positions and demographic areas in which you are interested in applying. From there, you will begin by filling out your basic contact information, additional information, as well as resume and experience information. You will also be asked to verify that you meet the eligibility requirements to work at Kmart.
Kmart prides itself on employing diverse, well rounded groups of people throughout their stores and business offices. Labor laws are different in every state, with most allowing employment after the ages of 16-18, so if you are younger than 16, you might want to call ahead and find out if you qualify before submitting your Kmart application online.
Application Review and Interview:
The online application is created in such a way that promotes a user-friendly and personable approach to filling out an online application. The application and follow up process may follow one of the below guidelines:
- For professional and salary positions, your Kmart application will first be reviewed by recruiters, and then if you are found to be qualified for the positions, and depending on the position in which you are applying, you may be contacted for a phone interview. Phone interviews are generally only conducted for applicants in professional and salary positions. If the phone interview goes well, then a personal interview may be requested. Both the phone and personal interviews will likely be conducted by the person in charge of the department in which you are applying which is the perfect opportunity for you to ask questions and get feedback about the position.
- For hourly and entry level positions, your application will be reviewed by a human resource officer and management team in the respective location in which you are applying. Once your qualifications have been determined, you will be prompted to schedule an interview with management from that location. Generally two interviews are conducted. Once this process is complete, if you have passed all the qualifiers, then an offer of employment may be made.
- For all positions at Kmart, you should be prepared to consent to a background check and drug screen before, or during the time that, an offer is presented to you. You may have to express your consent to this during the application process.
Available Job Opportunities:
Over the years Kmart has expanded their horizons and now offers the following job opportunities:
- Entry level positions
- Both hourly and salaried career opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement
- Diverse opportunities in automotive and pharmacy positions
There are also numerous opportunities for business positions, pharmacy positions, and more at Kmart. You will want to begin your search by browsing through the various job categories and determining which positions interest you and fit your skills and qualifications. Becoming familiar with the different available jobs will help you to understand the needs of the company and determine how flexible you want to be in obtaining employment.
Kmart stores provide thousands of jobs in their greater than 1,300 stores across the United States. Stores are also operated in Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. These stores include traditional Kmart stores, Big Kmart stores, and Kmart Super Centers.
Depending on your geographic location, your Kmart store hours will vary. Most Kmart locations are open from 7:00-8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Kmart Super centers may be open at 6:00 a.m. in some areas, with closing times varying according to location. Distribution centers are often open 24 hours.